Soalan-soalan dibentangkan di Parlimen oleh Wee Choo Keong, Ahli Parlimen Wangsa Maju, untuk Sessi Parlimen yang bermula pada 7 hb June 2010
Parliamentary Questions submitted by Wee Choo Keong, MP for Wangsa Maju, for June Session of Parliament commencing 07 June 2010
Questions for Oral Answers
1. Tuan YB Wee Choo Keong [Wangsa Maju] asks the Minister of Home Affairs to state beside recruiting more police officers what action has the Ministry taken to curb the rising crime rate in the country, especially in Wangsa Maju and when the Ministry intend to place more police officer in Wangsa Maju Police Station?
2. Tuan YB Wee Choo Keong [Wangsa Maju] asks the Minister of Transport to state whether his Ministry was aware that AIRASIA (AA) kept the airport tax collected from passengers who were unable to travel, what is the total sum of the airport tax kept by AA and what actions the Ministry will take to make sure that all airport taxes collected by AA to be paid to MAHB without delay?
3. Tuan YB Wee Choo Keong [Wangsa Maju] asks the Minister of Finance to state why it has become the trend that the Inland Revenue Department takes more than a month to refund the excess payment of income tax which is supposed to be refunded within 30 days from the date of application for refund?
4. Tuan YB Wee Choo Keong [Wangsa Maju] asks the Prime Minister to state what is the definition of the policy of 1Malaysia when the population is still being defined by Bumiputra and Non-Bumiputra and how would the New Economic Model restructure Malaysia to be a just society so that race will no longer be an issue of contention amongst Malaysians?
5. Tuan YB Wee Choo Keong [Wangsa Maju] asks the Prime Minister to state how can government achieve the 1Malaysia policy in Kuala Lumpur lower courts where all the 22 Magistrates are Malay, out of 23 Session Court Judges an exception 3 Indian and to provide the total number of Magistrates and Session Court Judges of Malay, Chinese, Indian and Others origin throughout the country until June 6, 2010?
In Response To PAS Youth in Wangsa Maju
In 1973 PAS joined BN and fought the 1974 General Elections under the BN ticket, many PAS MPs, including Tok Guru YAB Datuk Hj Nik Aziz Nik Mat were elected. In 1977 PAS resigned from BN but none of the PAS MPs resigned so that by-elections can be held. At that time there was no prohibition under the law that when a MP resigned he or she could not stand as a candidate again in the by-election. PAS should have shown their leadership then by resigning as MPs and not calling others to do so.
PAS Youth in Wangsa Maju conveniently did not touch on my statement of yesterday over the stand taken by Tok Guru. Is it PAS’s policy to “Please don’t follow what PAS leaders did or do but follow what they preached or preach?” I don’t believe that this is the policy of PAS otherwise it will be most shameful to have such a policy when PAS always pride itself of being very Islamic, righteous and democratic. I believe that PAS will not condone double standard, corruption or corrupt practices and “sweeping under the carpet” allegations of corruption or corrupt practices whether in the PR or BN administration. Perhaps PAS Youth in Wangsa Maju do not share such policies and aspirations as PAS’s main body. Maybe PAS Youth in Wangsa Maju was misguided and led by the nose by the equally misguided.
Press Release by Wee Choo Keong, MP for Wangsa Maju, on 16 May 2010.
In reply to Tok Guru’s press statement yesterday, first and foremost it must be noted that at the time of the 2008 General Elections (GE) I was invited by YB Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim to help PKR and to stand as a candidate in the said GE for he knew that I was preparing to take part in the said GE under MDP. For the sake of opposition unity at the material time, I contested under the PKR flag and I was not a member of PKR. After much persuasion by YB Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim I joined PKR in April/May 2009.
Yesterday Tok Guru said as follows:
“Akil baligh ini bukan sahaja semestinya dari segi umur seseorang tapi dalam politik pun ada akil baligh juga. Orang yang lompat parti dan masuk parti politik lain adalah mereka yang tidak akil baligh dalam politik.”
Chronology of Events