The Tourism Malaysia (TM) Board of Directors has foiled an attempt by the ‘Little Napoleons’ in TM to use an old letter of clearance or good character by the Malaysia Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) to support the promotion of Datuk Musa Bin Yusuf as Director General (DG) of TM.
The ‘Little Napoleon’/Staunch Supporter of BN
The ‘Little Napoleons’ in Human Resources Department of TM (HR) head by its Director, Puan Rafidah Idris (Rafidah) and her deputy Tuan Ahmad Johanif Bin Mohd Ali (Ahmad Johanif) have been ordered to get a fresh letter of clearance or good character on Datuk Musa Bin Yusuf from MACC.
KSU Of MOTAC & KSN To Take Actions
Just to digress a little, Ahmad Johanif is free to support whichever party he wants but as a civil servant he must be neutral. As a civil servant, he is governed by the General Orders, HERE. The KSU of MOTAC and KSN should look into the conduct of Ahmad Johanif during the 14 GE and the only few postings in his Facebook reproduced above. There are more negative postings of PH government and YAB Tun Dr Mahathir!
TM’s Board Meeting of 25 March 2019
On 25 March 2019, the Board of Directors was presented with the papers to recommend or support the promotion of Datuk Musa Bin Yusuf to the rank of Jusa B as a prelude to confirm him as the Director General of TM. The HR headed by Rafidah and Ahmad Johanif included amongst other documents there was a one year old letter of clearance or good character of Datuk Musa Yusuf from MACC to support his promotion.
Both of them knew or ought to have known that the standard procedure for proposing an officer for high ranking promotion in TM must be supported by current letter of clearance or good character from MACC. Yet these two Little Napoleons saw it fit to knowingly overlook this elementary procedure for special reason best known to two of them.
By the way the ‘Little Napoleons’ Raffish was recently promoted as Director of HR and Ahmad Johanif was recently transferred to be her deputy after the “Speedy Gonzales” elevation of Datuk Musa Bin Yusuf as the DG of TM, HERE.
The Scandalous ‘Speedy Gonzales” RM99.693 Million
If these two ‘Little Napoleons’ were to carry out their duties diligently, they would have known that TM is currently burdened with the scandalous “Speedy Gonzales” RM99.673 million Geeko Tech Sdn Bhd’s (GEEKO) deal, HERE. They knew in mid January 2019 from the massive publicities generated by the arrest and remand of Dato’ Dr Siew Ka Wei, who at the material time when the said scandalous deal was struck on 4 April 2018 was the chairman of TM, and Ms Elizabeth Ken Tzu Ying by MACC for four days, HERE.
Dato’ Dr Siew Ka Wei & Ms Elizabeth Ken Tzu Ying
Dato’ Dr Siew Ka Wei is the former chairman of TM and current executive chairman of Ancom Bhd, MD of Nylex Bhd and MD of Redberry Media Group (Redberry). Dato’ Dr Siew Ka Wei is also the directors of many outfits namely, Meru Utama Sdn Bhd (awarded with 10 years exclusive advertising space contract in KLIA), Titanium Compass Sdn Bhd (awarded with exclusively 10 years advertising space contract in MRT stations) and others. The defunct Malay Mail is part of Redberry. Ms Elizabeth Ken Tzu Ying is the media specialist of Redberry. Ms Elizabeth Ken is the share holder and CEO of GEEKO
Datuk Musa Bin Yusuf, the newly appointed DG of TM for two years
These two ‘Little Napoleons” Rafidah and Ahmad Johanif were apparently suffering from very severe wilful blindness when the proposal papers were prepared to support the promotion of Datuk Musa Bin Yusuf for the Board of Directors of TM for approval. They knowingly omitted to present the glaring facts below with the predominant purpose to deceive or at best mislead the Board of Directors of TM into approving the promotion of Datuk Musa Bin Yusuf.
These two ‘Little Napoleons” should be suspended and face disciplinary actions for serious misconducts for knowingly presented the outdated MACC letter of clearance for Datuk Musa Bin Yusuf.
The Glaring Facts
- When Geeko Tech Sdn Bhd (GEEKO) was incorporated on 6 November 2017 and Koperasi Kakitanggan Kementerian Pelancongan Kebudayaan Malaysia Bhd (also known as KOPEMA) was one of its shareholder holding 10,000 shares, HERE;
- Datuk Musa Bin Yusuf is the President of KOPEMA;
- The Datuk Musa Bin Yusuf‘s infamous “Promos Bersama” of 19 January 2018;
- On 19 January 2018 Datuk Musa Bin Yusuf, the then Director of International Promotion (Africa/China) submitted a proposal known as “Promosi Bersama Dengan Tourism Malaysia Dan Tencent/Geeko Bagi Promosi Pemasaran Digital (Smart Tourism)” (“Promosi Bersama”) cost TM a whooping RM1,167,900.00, to the then DG of TM, Datuk Seri Mirza Bin Mohamed Taiyab (Datuk Seri Mirza). Please read HERE & HERE
- The said Infamous “Promos Bersama”, of course, approved in lighting speed by the then DG of TM, Datuk Seri Mirza.
- TM paid Geeko RM1,167,900.00 in lightning speed for the so-called “Promosi Bersama”, which Datuk Musa’s Bin Yusuf told the press that he was not aware of and he had instructed his officers to look into the matter, HERE & HERE;
- Until now there no news of Datuk Musa Bin Yusuf’s investigation into his Infamous “Promosi Bersama” that cost TM RM1,167,900.00;
- Prior to the so-called “Promosi Bersama” of Datuk Musa Bin Yusuf, TM was already trying to appoint Deloitte Singapore and/or Deloitte Malaysia to conduct a ‘kajian” on the similar subject of digital marketing. However, the appointment did not materialise.
The infamous “Promosi Bersama” was not a joint promotion but in reality it was a scheme devised to appoint GEEKO to prepare a so-called “kajian” to pave the way for TM to enter into the scandalous “Speedy Gonzales” RM99.693 million contract with GEEKO, which deal was evaluated, negotiated and agreement was prepared and executed in one day on 4 April 2018.
Luckily the Board of Director spotted the glaring flaw in the supporting documents to promote Datuk Musa Yusuf i.e. the outdated letter of clearance or good character of him from MACC. However, the Board approved the proposal in principle subject to the submission of a current dated letter of clearance or good character from MACC for Datuk Musa Yusuf and to be approved by KSN.
MACC should go deeper into the scandalous “Speedy Gonzales” GEEKO RM99.693 million deal by digging into the KOPEMA shareholding in GEEKO and said infamous “Promosi Bersama” by Datuk Musa Bin Yusuf.