CIRCULAR FROM GCEO
To : All Staff System-wide
Date : 16 August, 2012 at 4:50 pm
Ref : GCEO CIR 025/12
Malaysia Airlines Group Organisation Structure effective 22 August 2012
Following recent changes at the leadership and corporate level, I am pleased to announce the new Malaysia Airlines Group Organisation Structure effective 22 August 2012. This revised structure will enable more direct areas of responsibility and accountability in implementing the Business Plan initiatives.
Subsequent to this Circular, the respective divisional heads will announce their organisation structure to the teams, providing more details of their business unit and appointment of respective heads.
Key highlights of this corporate organisation structure are as follows:
· All main divisional heads are known as ‘Directors’.
· Captain Azharuddin Osman completes his tenure as Director of Operations. Tapping on the wealth of his experience in Operations and as a technical crew, he is now Advisor to the Group CEO focused on Operations matters. Here, I would like to place on record my warm appreciation to Captain Azharuddin for his many contributions thus far in his career at Malaysia Airlines, and look forward to his continued support in this new portfolio.
· Stepping into the role as Director of Operations is Captain Izham Ismail. Taking on the portfolio of Flight Operations is Captain Kamarudin Kamilin who is already one of our senior management pilots.
· Customer Experience Division has been re-aligned as Customer Services Division which is headed by Dato’ Mohd Salleh Tabrani. Depending on functionality, selected business units of CE have been moved to Operations, Commercial and Customer Services divisions. Given this change, all areas are expected to ensure that we provide the best end-to-end customer experience.
· Director of Corporate Services is Mohd Sukri Husin. For the interim, he will also double-hat as Director of Finance and I would like to thank Sukri for leading the division once again. The appointment of Director of Finance will be made in due course.
· Two key business units have been renamed – Human Capital will be known as Human Resources while Airport Operations will be renamed Airport Services; reporting into Customer Services.
· Strategy under the Group CEO’s Office will be led by Proteek Sengupta replacing Bryan Foong whose last working day with us was on 15 August 2012. I thank Bryan for leading the Strategy team and assisting my office to keep a close watch on the Business Plan initiatives that we have been implementing across the Company as well as looking at further initiatives to speed up the recovery of the Company.
With the following appointments and business units realignment and consolidation, please join me in congratulating our colleagues. I ask that you support and work with them.
The airline industry remains challenging moving forward. So far, the Q2 2012 financial results show that we are on the right track to improve our financial position further. There is good momentum which is important to sustain as we still have a lot more work to be done. There is no single formula or one person or business unit that can turnaround Malaysia Airlines on its own. We need to align all our efforts to ensure that we are coordinated to deliver on our goals to turnaround our Company.
With the festive celebrations coming up this weekend, on behalf of the Management team, I take this opportunity to wish all Muslim colleagues throughout our network, a happy and blessed Eid Mubarak or Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri. To everyone else and especially our teams who will be on the job during the upcoming holidays, I thank you for keeping the fort.
Once again, Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Fitri. Maaf Zahir dan Batin.
Ahmad Jauhari Yahya