(To be updated later)
How about Kuala Lumpur Golf and Country Club (KLGCC) which was occupying a piece of land in Bukit Kiara of about 60 acres which belonging to DBKL for many years? The said piece of land has been used by KLGCC for free for many years and it was was only been paid for by Sime Darby recently for a about RM400 to RM500 millions. Sime Darby had to also pay to DBKL another RM40 millions as some form of royalty payment. I am informed that the actual sum paid to DBKL was only RM4 millions. DBKL gave a “special discount” of RM36 millions! Why?
In the 1990s when I was the then Bukit Bintang MP, I was very much involved in exposing the sale of the Bukit Kiara land to Lum Chang from Singapore for a song. The said land comprising of a few hundred acres was sold to Lum Chang at about RM53,000 per acre for a 99 years lease. Lum Chang was given approval to build a golf course, which is now known as KLGCC, with an approval for building of 450 units of condo! This was the “Cheap sale of prime land of the century”. I brought this scandal to Parliament. The lease was finally reduced to 66 years and the approval for the building of condos was withdrawn. After that Lum Chang gave up and Sime Darby came it as a white knight and saved the prime land in Bukit Kiara. So KLGCC is now under Malaysian control. These are the little bit of background about KLGCC.
The issues now for DBKL and Ministry of Wilayah Persekutuan are:
1. Why was Sime Darby allowed to use the 60 acres of land in Bukit Kiara for free for so many years?
2. Why did DBKL gave a RM36 millions discount on the royalty payment?
3. Did Sime Darby pay RM40 millions or RM4 millions only as royalty to DBKL? (May be this was one of the reasons why Sime Darby cannot make the special audit report public!
4. Who was the special “negotiator” for this special discount?
5. Who is this man, Datuk Azeeeeeeeee … z?
The Minister of Wilayah Persekutuan and Datuk Bandar Kuala Lumpur must provide answers to the above questions.