Meeting with Datuk Bandar Kuala Lumpur

Yg Bhg Datuk Seri Ahmad Fuad Ismail, Datuk Bandar Kuala Lmpur and his officers met the MPs on 18-03-2009 from 5 pm to 8 pm.

Many issues/problems have been brought to the attention of Datuk Bandar by MPs in Wilayah Persekutuan.

Danau Kota Uptown Pasar Malam

DBKL officer informed the meeting that the operation hours of the pasar malam has been cut short by one hour to 3:00 am nightly.  The officer did also inform that DBKL has approved 30 new licences for Koperasi Bela rakyat (KOBERA).

I have brought to the attention of Datuk Bandar that KOBERA has not been registered with the Co-peratives Department and therefore, it was wrong for DBKL to approve 30 licences to an illegal body.  DBKL officer has no answer to this.  I also brought to the attention of Datuk Bandar that the more than 500 residents of the area have signed a petition asking for the said pasar malam to be moved away from residential area due noise pollution, traffic congestions and other social problems.

Datuk Bandar has agreed in principle to move the said pasar malam to a suitable place away from residential area.  He immediately instructed his officers to take immediate steps to find new location for the said pasar malam.  Datuk Amin, the Timbalan Ketua Pengarah of DBKL and Tuan Ramly Othman , the Pengarah of Jabatan Pengurusan dna Peniaga Kecil, have been given the task to move the said pasar malam.

Cyber Cafe

Many parents in Wangsa Maju are complaining that many cyber cafes in Wangsa Maju are involved in online gambling.

Datuk Bandar informed that in September 2009 DBKL has submitted draft regulations to Ministry of Wilayah Persekutuan for consideration to control cyber cafes in Wilayah Persekutuan.  DBKL is still waiting for respond from the Ministry.  However, Datuk Bandar has directed its officers to raid  cyber cafes that allowed online gambling.

Flash Flood

Datuk Bandar has instructed his officers to look into the flash flood problems in Kg Kuantan.

21 thoughts on “Meeting with Datuk Bandar Kuala Lumpur

1. MDP member

Syabas,

I am encouraged by the willingness of DBKL to meet and listen to issues raised by the KL MPs regardless of political background. Both DBKL and the MPs are actually serving the same constituents ( KLites ) so it is a relief to us that both can work and discuss with each other in rational manner to solve our concerns.

This is a good move spearheaded by YB Wangsa Maju. Congrats. Please revive MDP quickly.

1. weechookeong Post author

Anonymous

I share your feeling about the pasar malam (Bazar Larut Malam Uoptown Danau Kota). I ahve received many complaints over the same matter. I have written amany letters and handed a petitions containing 500 over signatures to Datuk Bandar KL.

Yesterday I had a meeting with Datuk Bandar KL. This issue was brought up for discussion. I pointed out to Datuk Bandar that DBKL has agreed in principle to move the pasar malam and the Jabatan Penjaja has been tasked to look for a place to relocate. Datuk Amin informed the meeting that the hawkers have also agreed in principle to move to a suitable place and a new place has been identified and DBKL is working out the logistics. I have proposed that in the interim, the operation of the Bazar Larut to be cut down to 3 or 4 days a week. Datuk Amin has also agreed in principle and he is looking into the matter.

Hopefully after Raya we will be ale to see some positive progress on the relocation plan. I really am sorry that this matter has taken so long. It is a very complicated issue that I have inherited from my predecessor. I am doing what I can to relocate them as soon as possible. I understand the frustration of the residents over the years.

May I take this opportunity to wish all Muslim Selamat Berpuasa and Selamat Hari Raya. Those we are driving back to their hometowns, please drive safely.

with kindest regards

wee choo keong

please move Danau kota uptown ASAP. Now traffic problem, Parking problem, noise problem, any emergency also can’t out from my house.
    you can ask Datuk Bandar move in to TAMAN SETAPAK INDAH or DANAU KOTA for 1 week to feel it. I pay Cukai PINTU, now i think what for to pay it with this situation.
    Now myseft mentality problem, can i get claim from DBKL ?

JEFF
    SETAPAK INDAH.

1. weechookeong Post author

LIM

This matter has been discussed during the last meeting between Datuk Bandar KL and the MPs in WP. We have been informed that DBKL has agreed that the pasar malam had to be moved to another place away from residential area.

DBKL is looking into the logistic. We were informed that DBKL is now in the stage of registering the particulars of hawkers (census) for the purpose of relocating. I have been writing to them for status and am still waiting for a reply. I am equally concerned about this outstanding issue that I have inherited from the previous MP. I am mindful of this problem and have been chasing DBKL for a quick relocation and the said pasar malam has created too many social problems for the area.

I really am sorry that the matter could not be solved as expected.

I will keep you and the other residents informed as soon as I hear from DBKL. Please rest assured that I have been following this matter.

Thank you.

With kindest regards

wee choo keong

3. LIM

All the van are no roadtax & insurance drive by the boss in pasar malam Danau kota, so we are not safe in Setapak Indah & Danau Kota. if any accident happen ? Please look into this.

From : LIM

1. weechookeong Post author

LIM

I take note of your comments and will inform the authority about it.

Thank you for being patient.

Regards

wee choo keong

To YB

What is the status for pasar malam in Danau Kota & from mudah.com
    the 8 x 8 feet can sale 15k – 35k ? please report to DBKL.

From : Lim

To YB

This pasar malam have to move ASAP, always got car park infront
    my gate, my car can’t in or out. this is serious problem, if i have
    heavy vehicle, i will do same thing on this.

So many problem. Why in Danau Kota………????????????????

From Chai

1. weechookeong Post author

Dear Mr Chai

I believe you are referring to the Pasar Larut Uptown, Danau Kota.

We have been informed by DBKL in March 2012 that DBKL has identified a near location near Jalan Usahawan to move the Pasar Malam. I will check on the details and post them later.

Have a nice weekend.

With kindest regards

wee choo keong

2. weechookeong Post author

Anonymous 7:40 am

Dear Mr Chai

The important parts of the DBKL letter dated 12-3-2012 are :”Sebagai langkah jangka panjang, DBKL mengenalpasti tapak alternatif di Jalan 3 / 23A off Jalan Usahawan yang melibatkan tapak sepanjang 400 meter dengan angaran bilangan tapak 250 – 30. DBKL telah seang mengedar borang maklum balas kepada premis berhampiran. Sekiranya cadangan ini tiada bantahan DBKl akan menyelarraskan program penempatan semula ke lokasi baru.”

Therefore, the relocation of the hawkers is in place and we had to wait for the processes to be completed.

Thank you.

With kindest regards

wee choo keong

Hi YB,

It will be good if you can initial a session between DBKL
    & Danau Kota residents, let we talk to Datuk Bandar or your can let Datuk Bandar know we want to meet.

Resident
    Danau Kota, Setapak

1. weechookeong Post author

Anonymous

I will definitely try. In fact I have called the residents to attend meeting with Datuk Bandar but none was free a few months ago.

Can you please call my PA En Yaacob a 0122186929 or 41433322 as soon as as possible.

Thank you.

with kindest regards

wee choo keong

1. weechookeong Post author

Dear Mr Lim

Please be informed that DBKL is still sorting the logistic of moving to a new location off Jalan Genting Kelang. Please be also informed that the traders at Pasar Larut are insisting of staying put at Danau Kota. I will will do my best to get them re-located as soon as possible. I regret that I cannot let you have a specific date for the relocation as it is not within my control.

I fully appreciate the sentiment of the residents around the area as you are all very much affected by it. However, in the interim the residents have two days of peace where there are no trading.

I will keep you and the other residents informed of the development of this matter.

With kindest regards

wee choo keong

7. johndoe

Now its 2013, put still Danau Kota Uptown is getting worst by the moment. People who park their car in front of their houses are also asked to pay parking by illegal gangsters. Parking fee is at rm10. Still is total bullshit. The government should a put a stop to night market once and for all. The residence have more right that the peddlers or sellers owners. These people should find other jobs to do other than bothering others peoples lives.

The petiton to Datuk Bandar KL have been signed since 2006. And no action have been taken. If I was the Najib, I would have just closed the night market for good. But no, all menteri are sleeping and counting their own money. Better migrate elsewhere. Malaysia human right is a total horse shit. The sellers in danau kota uptown has breach human right once they activities cross the line in increasing nuisance in the area. The police also is not doing their job in patrolling and catching crooks in the area when the uptown is operating. There are two police stations in the danau kota district.

1. weechookeong Post author

johndoe

Thank you for your comments on Danau Kota Uptown.

I have tried my very best to relocate the Danau Kota Uptown pasar malam due to the complaints from most, if not all, of the residents of the area. A petition has been sent to the then Datuk Bandar Kuala Lumpur, Yg Bhg Tabn Sri Ahmad Fuad bin Ismail. I have also brought the matter up in Parliament. DBKL and the then Minister of WP, YB Senator Raja Nong Chik have kindly agreed to have the said pasar malam relocated to another area away from residential area. While waiting for the relocation, DBKL has kindly agreed to reduce its operation from 7 days to 5 days weekly (i.e. Monday and Tuesday is closed for business). It was a temporarily relief for the residents.

When I was the MP, I have had several meeting with DBKL to discuss about the new location for the pasar malam. The new place has been found. It is near to the JPJ (behind the Petronas station). DBKL was supposed to work out the logistic for the relocation.

I hope that the new Wangsa Maju MP will take this matter up with DBKL to relocate the said pasar malam, which is causing social problems for the residents of the area.

Thank you and have a nice day.

With kindest regards