Thanks for your contribution of rice

(Terjemahan ada berikut di bawah – 中文翻译,请看下面。)
I would like to express my thanks and appreciation to the contributors for their donations of 100 packs of (5 kg) rice for this month.

They are:
Mr Conrad Wee
Mr David Loh
Mr David Lai
Mr Danny Wong
Mr Remy Lim
Mr James Tee
Ms Connie Chong
Mr Alban Lee
Mr Elvin Cheong
Mr Christopher Chang

Those who are in need of rice, please feel free to come to my service centre to collect a pack each between 11.00 a.m. and 6.00 p.m. during working days. The rice is given out on a first-come-first-served basis and while stock lasts. All you need is show your MyKad and that you are living in Wangsa Maju.

Thank you.

Wee Choo Keong

– Terjemahan oleh Lee Wee Tak – Ucapan ribuan terima kasih dari Wee Choo Keong –

Terimakasih atas sumbangan beras anda

Saya ingin mengucap ribuan terima kasih kepada penyumbang berikut atas dermaan 100 bag beras (5kg setiap satu) untuk bulan ini:

Mereka adalah:
En Conrad Wee
En David Loh
En David Lai
En Danny Wong
En Remy Lim
En James Tee
Cik Connie Chong
En Alban Lee
En Elvin Cheong
En Christopher Chang

Sesiapa yang memerlukan bekalan beras, sila datang ke pusat perkhidmatan saya untuk mendapatkan satu bag setiap orang mulai pukul 11 pagi hingga 6 petang setiap hari kerja. Beras ini akan diagihkan secara siapa dulu siapa dapat selagi ada bekalan. Anda hanya perlu menunjukkan Mykad anda dan anda kini menetap di kawasan Wangsa Maju.

Sekian terima kasih.

Mr Remy Lim
Mr James Tee
Ms Connie Chong
Mr Alban Lee
Mr Elvin Cheong
Mr Christopher Chang

需要大米的人士,请于工作日上午十一时至傍晚六时的任何时候到我的服务中心领取每人一袋的大米。大米是根据先到先得的方式分派直到发完为止。您只需是旺沙玛朱区的居民和出示您的大马卡就能享有此项福利。

谢谢。

黄朱强

10 thoughts on “Thanks for your contribution of rice

1. SBB

maybe a good idea to approach all temples of all faiths to encourage them to contribute their overstock of rice, milk and noodles (sugar and flour, etc included) that are being donated by god fearing kind souls for all underprivileged…

2. Maizatul Ahmad

YB…

about this free rice giving. i have some reservation. I dont it may not be wise to just give away the rice just by showing the IC. Anyone, including unscrupulous individuals could take advantage of your generosity and noble effort.

Please identify your target recepients and limit the number of packages according to the needs ie no of family members, income, age, and other socialogical factor ( non-political). Then, I feel that the true objective could be achieved…

thank you.. just a thought!!!

3. Jim

Good idea YB. I am sure that Yew Teong Look will do a copy cat work soon in order to take credit from you. Let him do it because we already knew about his innate behaviour that he had to lie to live.

I do not think it is a good idea to check on the status of the recipients. I do agree with YB Wee’s way that all the recipients need to do are to prove that he is a Malaysian citizens living in Wangsa Maju, the rest is left to their own conscience. To check on their background will not be so nice.

Keep it up YB and all the best. Don’t worry about this Yew fella, we already knew about his dishonest behaviour and we shall do the needful when the time comes.

4. temenggong

Good work Wee, and thank the donors on our behalf again.

Why are Malay and Indian residents of Wangsa Maju not contributing? This is embarrassing!

temenggong

Thank you for your comment.

I have just started this donation drive few months ago and many of our Malay and Indian brothers and sisters including Chinese brothers and sisters may not be aware of this. Given a bit more time I am sure that there will be more contributors from all races and walks of life to participate in this good cause.

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions.

With kindest regards

Wee Choo Keong

6. feleaz

I agree with Maizatul, a little vetting on the background of would be recipients is necessary as we all know there are a lot of people with “kiasu” attitude would take advantage of your noble intention.

Alternatively, perhaps you could also channel the rice to welfare homes. Many of these homes are surviving on public donations and at the present gloomy economy, the sums collected have dropped significantly. Donating the rice to them will definitely take some burden off from the homes.

Thank you, eventhough i am from Klang. I wish the other MPs could follow what you are doing now.

Maizatul Ahmad, Jim and feleaz

Thank you so much for your comments/suggestions.

When this matter was mooted, my friends, supporters and I did think about what you all have highlighted. We felt that we should not be involved in scrutising the qualifications of the recipients and should leave it to good conscience of the recipient. I do not think that the undeserving will dare to come and collect a 5kg bag of rice. I hope not.

So far I am told by my personal assistant, En Yakob, there was no abuse. I hope that it will remain that way. I think that we should leave it to the good conscience of the recipients.

Once again thank you so much for your views.

Regards

wee choo keong

8. ahmad

I do agree with YB Wee not to check on the people who come to collect the rice. It is between him and God. We should try to trust all of those who come for help.

I am glad that YB Wee is doing his bit to help the needy.

I am also glad that YB Wee is using his blog for information. I like the posting on MBF credit card. Now I have printed out the Bank Negara Credit Card Guidelines and I do know about my rights and liability. So credit card companies like MBF can no longer bully us. Thank you YB. This is the type of information that the rakyat need from the MP.

I didn’t vote for you the last round and I know what to do during next election.

Once again thank you YB for the Bank Negara’s Guidelines.

9. lee wee tak

Ahmad, I would second that. Checking for personal details when the Service Centre personnel have no authority to do so would raise resentment.

The free rice is meant for assistance and humanitarian reasons. It is meant to promote goodwill and feel good feelings.

We do not differentiate the votes from rich or poor anyway, do we?