Dr Mahathir quits UMNO

BREAKING NEWS:

As of 12.35 p.m today, former Prime Minister Dr. Mahathir Mohamad announced that he has quit UMNO. He has also urged all UMNO members to follow his example to quit the party.

Source here.

17 thoughts on “Dr Mahathir quits UMNO

What took him so long?He has done everything to destroy the nation. He raped the judiciary, the constitution, the police, the parliament, the monarchy, the rakyat, the country, even UNNO – everything!He shoudl just destroy himself. He is the most evil man in the country. He has to answer to God for the destruction he has caused throughout his 22 years in power. HapraK.

i seriously like Dr M, smart guy. He thinks for more than 20 years ahead, he is able to see what’s in the future, Any management principles read and learn will actually complement him as leader.well..he do thinks ahead beyond our mere mortals are capable of but he got it wrong for passing the torch to the current PM. ppl can’t get it right all the time.YB Wee, eventhough i don’t like the leadership of PKR and the party as a whole, my vote was SOLELY for you. i do wish you ran under different party though.~anon 11.55

3. mohamad

finallywhat happens if cabinet ministers follow his advice? that would leave the current gov. with little people to lead.. argh, to make it easy, just let PR take offer!

anon 25:44,Your vote is never needed and I can swear that a Mahathirist like you have never voted for YB Wee. Only that in your silly calculation and temerity, you think people can buy your cheap stunt. Never for vote fo PKR again, after all, you have never votd for it or YB Wee. Joker! Go and join the New United Mamak National Organisation UMNO-Baru, that Mahathir has formed.

anon 11.55, got to disagree with 1 of ur point, i.e. Tun M can see 20 years ahead. This sort of compliment I give it to Lee Kuan Yew.For Tun M, he regretted his decision to appoint Badawi as his successor after not too long.If he can think and see 20 years ahead, he would have introduce measures that could turn Malaysia into a respectable economic machine and great place to live. Instead, we get mega waste like the airport, MSC, Cyberjaya, Putrajaya, collapsing buildings, failed national car projects, costly attempt to corner the tin market, suspected judiciary etc.True, we saw some physical development. My granny could do that too with all that petrol money, hard working population, general favourable world economy during his time, except during 1997-99. Intellectually, Malaysia got a hammering under him. Our universities sliding down all the time, our schools seem to be producing less critical thinking students, unimaginative civil servants, unemployed graduates etc.Corruption practices seem to mushroom most during his time. His Malaysian Incorporated and look east policy created soul sucking tolled highways that is seemingly as unquestionable as fresh air, privatisation that is REALLY private as the general public has no idea where their money goes to.Sorry mate, I am not eager to sign up for his fan club. He spoil our country’s best chance to leap into first world status.RegardsLee Wee Tak

6. malaysia 64

Bagi saya Dr M seorang permimpian yang saya horamti satu ketika dulu! Apa yang beliau lakukan sekarang satu tindakan yang bijak bagi mencepatkan PR mengambil alih kuasa dari kerajan BN. Kita harus berterima kasih kepada Dr M!

7. Me... Only Better

MP WEE, as much as i detest the current administration, I do not have faith in Anwar. He seems too bent on revenge and seems to engrossed in self glorification and a naked desire and ambition to become PM. I DO NOT LIKE WHAT HE HAS BECOME. AND I FEAR FOR OUR NATION. Seriously.And crossing over of MPs? Isn’t that cheating the voters even if they voted for BN? Anwar has never apologised for his time as ONE OF THEM IN UMNO. And he expects us to trust him now?Something is not right with him. Something stinks. i am sorry to say. I look forward to the day when great politicians like Husam Musa enter the arena. He is a principled, decent man. It is a pity he is stuck there in Kelantan.

I just cannot stand the SleepyHead, who has single handedly ruined Malaysia economy. Not him only plus his SIL, son and cronies.Just look at the country now. It has gone to the dog. Someone got to do something to put things right. If PR is not prepared to do it and if Tun Mahathiris, i will supoport Tun Mahathir to put things right. What is important is not about Tun Mahathir but stop the rot before it is too late.The couintry cannot afford to wait until December buy which time Malaysia is bankrupt already!

9. yapchongyee

Mahatir quits UMNO !It is indeed sad to read so many fawning accolades that Tun Mahatir is such a great leader and such like. It just shows how blinkered you Malays are; you just do not have vision and you are so naïve that you do not fully appreciate your own predicament. Has Mahatir been a good and caring leader ? This generation of Malays will say that he is, but it will be history that will judge Mahatir as the most self serving and selfish leader, who has no clue what he was doing. I am Chinese living in Australia and it does not worry me too much to say what is best said without any fear or embellishment; just say it as it is.Mahatir created an illusion that Malays benefited by his one sided pervasion of the Constitution; but I will not go into that area because there is no useful purpose to state what is obvious(too much energy wasted ). Let me ask you was HITLER a great leader ? From your reaction you Malays will say, “YES”. Hitler too had the German people fawning after him as their FEURER Sounds like the word “father”, yes Hitler was the father to the German people, but was he a good leader ?I see a direct comparison between Hitler and Mahatir, they both created the myth that the Jews and the Chinese are suck the blood of the Malays and the Aryan German people. I am fully convinced that Mahatir had learned a great deal from both Goerbels and Hitler; this comparison is uncanny ! The question that I want to ask is “IF IT WERE IN THE POWER OF MAHATIR TO GAS 5 MILLION CHINESE WILL MAHATIR HESITATE ? I will ask the Malays, if it were in your power to gas 8 million Chinese, will you do it ? I say without hesitation that you would ! Malaysia and UMNO has called the tragedy of May 13th a “RIOT” but it is in scale cruelty and destructiveness a pogrom and in the history of Nazism, there was a similar pogrom called the Crystalnach (crystal night) and it also marked the beginning of the extermination of the Jews. The same sort of discrimination against the Jews are today practiced on the non Malays only it is justified by that grossly misunderstood social contract. There was never ever been any social contract and I say it as my own understanding of this bullshit social contract, when did the UMNO ever implemented any social contract; it was a case of the Malays taking it all for themselves ! Can Chinese go and obtain a Banking license ? Can Chinese go and obtain a government contract without a Malays holding 51% equity in the tendering company ? The Chinese has to put up 100% money capital and expertise and GET ONLY 49% OF WHAT IS LEFT AFTER THE MALAY CHAIRMAN HAS GRABED 60% OF THE PROFITS. THIS WAS EXACTLY THE SITUATION THAT EXISTED UNDER HITLER AND IT STILL EXIST IN MALAYSIA.Mahatir had perverted the system and polarized Malaysia, on the one side Malays and on the other side, the Chinese. Among the Chinese, those who can leave Malaysia for better climes. It will not be in this generation that you Malays will see Mahatir for what he really is. Mahatir wanted to be another Robert Mugabe, a 94 year old man still clinging on to power; WHAT FOR ? I had said it once that Mahatir appointed the weakest of his Ministers AAB to be his successor because Mahatir wanted to control AAB like a puppet on a string, but from the very first days of that fateful election AAB had uncoupled Mahatir from Aab’s influence. That was when trouble started.The reason why I say that Mahatir will be judge by history as the most retarding force that held back the progress of the Malay people is because he created the myth of theChinese being the EXPLOITERS of the Malays and in so doing HE WON OVER CONTROL OF THE MALAYS. This too was how Hitler controlled the German people by creating the myth of the superior Aryan race that saw the Jews as the sub-human and to do what they wanted with the Jews.The full rigors of Mahatirs exploitation of the weakness of the Malays cannot be assessed today (can’t see the forest for the trees), but reading a few of the comments from some Malays, we can see that this truth is creeping out and very soon it will be a flood. Let me discuss this aspect of the debate by questions rather than answers. Why and to what purpose is it beneficial for the Malays to retard and BLOCK the progress of the Chinese ? If a Chinese becomes rich by his own sweat and hard work and business talent, HOW DO YOU MALAYS EQUATE THIS PERFORMANCE TO EXPLOITATION ? Is this to be viewed as a zero sum equation, ie if the Chinese makes a profit then it must also mean that the Malay will not make any profit ? How can that argument hold when we all know that the Malays are not in business as the Chinese are ? This deals with the issues relating to obtaining licenses to do business.Mahatir by giving all scholarships to Malays and to those Malays who are connected reduced the selection of Malay scholars to a very small clique, hence the best Malays are kept out of these scholarships. Those who graduated under this system of patronage graduate as useless “pen-pushers”, who can only gain work in the government services. Billions are wasted training nothing but graduates who can only work as clerks. This patronage did not develop a class of competent entrepreneurs and therefore for 50 years Malaysia has been producing too many incompetent GENERALS and not enough soldiers.This was the legacy of the Mahatir years; years that develop nothing that is worth mentioning as his contribution towards developing a competitive Malaysian society. YES YOU MALAYS TAKE ALL BUT CAME OUT WITH NOTHING.There is one other point that I want to raise, which is that Mahatir ploy to undermine ABB will fizzle out like a wet cracker ! Mahatir is naïve because only an incumbent can win supporters; a retired PM is like a retired GENERAL, nobody listens to a retired general because one just cannot get anything from a retired general ! Another word, I do not believe that Tengku Li can benefit from the rumblings within UMNO because ABB is the incumbent and power resides in the incumbent.

anon 18.16,who are u to say my vote is not needed? very arrogant la you.why can’t i who like Dr M as a person be apreciative towards other ppl like YB Wee? just because i like Dr M, therefore i can’t like PAS? I do like PAS though i do don’t like some of its ppl. Just because i like PAS, doesn’t mean i hate DAP. I like YB Lim GE.i’m sorry to say but you are a classic example of the ppl (pemimpin and rakyat a like) who are not mature enough politically.shame.~anon 11.55

oh yea anon 18.16,i’m ok if you agree to disagree with me like Mr. Lee Wee Tak. But i’m not ok for judging me for liking someone you hate, calling me a joker, saying it’s a sily stunt,my vote is not needed and i shouldn’t have voted for YB Wee ever. Alamak….be mature la. It’s is even sadder coz i think you are older than me because young malaysians are not as immature politically and individually and emotional as you are.~anon 11.55

12. dann

Anon LWT,Quoted:”Instead, we get mega waste like the airport, MSC, Cyberjaya, Putrajaya, collapsing buildings, failed national car projects,…”I will look at this from a different way. It’s not that these projects are a waste of mega money. The problem is the IMPLEMENTATION and the people who implement these projects and the people who are responsible to make these projects a success. They are the failure.

13. yapchongyee

I, on second thoughts, may have been out foxed by the wily and mighty Tun Mahatir. I think I must give Tun Mahatir more credit than I have does so far. I have to consider that he was shrewd enough to survive 22 years as President of UMNO so he must know moret than I give him credit for.How about looking at the big picture, LIKE MAHATIR NOW SEE THE ERRORS OF HIS PREVIOUS LIFE AS PRESIDENT OF UMNO, and now would like to correct it for the good of Malaysia ? This is one way of looking at the issue. Therefore ask yourself the question, “IF I WERE MAHATIR WHAT IS THE MOST IMPORATNT THING THAT I HAVE TO DO TO PUT MALAYSIA ON THE WORLD MAP ? DO I WANT A MALAYSIA THAT IS DIVIDED & FOR EVER FIGHTING ONE FACTION AGAINST ANOTHER OR DO I WANT A MALAYSIA THAT IS UNITED AND PEACEFUL; with all the races living side by side and in harmony, like the Malaysia of the OLD DAYS when Malays, Indians & Chinese mixing as friends and neighbours ? I like to use a turn of phrase that Mahatir often uses to denigrate Australia; COLOUR BAR ! Is it good for Malaysia to have a system of COLOUR BAR ? I don’t think so but that is what Ketuaan Malayu means ! Therefore since Mahatir is so disapproving of COLOUR BAR, will he not want to do away with colour bar ?Therefore looking at all these issues that Mahatir will not approve is it therefore not conceivable that Mahatir want to change these evils that dogs our society ? In the perpetration of all these evils WHAT IS IT THAT PERPETUATES THESE PROBLEMS ? It is in truth the perpetuation of the single problem THE PROBLEM OF WHAT REALLY DIVIDES THE PEOPLE & CITIZENS OF MALAYSIA; THE EXISTENCE OF THE IDEA OF KETUAAN MELAYU. Therefore for me to see this as a problem, what will make this evil cancer go away ? This cancer will only go away if those who lead UMNO will also go away and how to achgieve this, IS TO WEAKEN UMNO SO THAT THIS CANCER CANNOT FIND SUPPORT.I believe this is the objective of Tun Mahatir in doing all he can and did to weaken UMNO. The Malaysian political scene today has destroyed the obvious dominance of UMNO. That is the truth on the ground whether the leadership of UMNO will accept it or not; Malay dominance is gone for good ! The rationale for this opinion is simple maths. Malays = 68%, Chinese = 24% (swinging voters) and Indians = 8% but Malay voters is divided into 2 camps that reduces their vote bank to 34%. No matter what the Malays do they will not be able to dilute the Chinese swing votes, because the Chinese do not trust MCA and rightly so. The Chinese must never ever trust MCA again because for 50 years MCA was in fact UMNO side kick, bloody Malay cock suckers !

14. yapchongyee

15. Angel_X

vkcHe is nuts.Another breaking news: nobody follows him! Nobody gives a heck to him anyway.Just like Nazri said, who the hell does he think he is?He think of 20yrs ahead? If so, he wouldn’t be yelling at pak lah after just 3 years of his tenure.Comparing to Lee Kuan Yew, he is really an immature small brother.

wich led me to believe that he quits the party not because to test water on whether he’s popular or not. He’s smart, i’m sure he has think it through of “what if nobody follows me?”. I strongly believe that he quits because he’s frustrated with the current leadership; just like most of the rakyats are.nothing been done and pleas gone unheard.